Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES “Act”或“Act”))，Pub. L. No. 116- 136,134 Stat. 281 (March 27, 2020), directs institutions receiving funds under Section 18004 of the Act to submit (in a time and manner required by the Secretary) a report to the Secretary describing the use of funds distributed from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (“HEERF”). Section 18004(c) of 关怀法案 requires institutions to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received from Section 18004(a)(1) of 关怀法案 to provide Emergency 金融援助 Grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus (including eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and 照顾孩子). On April 9, 2020, the Department published documents related to the Emergency 金融援助 Grants, including a 信 from Secretary Betsy DeVos, a form Certification and Agreement for signing and returning by institutions to access the funds, and a list of institutional allocations under 18004(a)(1).
The Certification and Agreement directs each institution applying for HEERF funds to comply with Section 18004(e) of 关怀法案 and submit an initial report (the “30-day Fund Report”) to the Secretary thirty (30) days from the date of the institution’s Certification and Agreement to the Department. The Department will provide instructions for providing the required information to the Secretary in the near future. 在 meantime, each HEERF participating institution must post the information listed below on the institution’s primary website. The Department would like to receive the most current information from the date when the institution received its allocation for emergency financial aid grants to students, and the institution should have received its allocation within a few days after submitting the Certification and Agreement.
- An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of 关怀法案 to provide Emergency 金融援助 Grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency 金融援助 Grants to 学生.
- The total amount of Emergency 金融援助 Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of 关怀法案 as of the date of submission (i.e.，从30天开始 Report and every 45 days thereafter).
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency 金融援助 Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of 关怀法案.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency 金融援助 Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of 关怀法案.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency 金融援助 Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of 关怀法案.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency 金融援助 Grants.
Institutional Quarterly Reports:
Student Portion Reports:
- HEERF Student Reporting 45 and 90 Days
- HEERF Student Report - Quarter 3 September 2020
- HEERF Student Report - Quarter 4 December 2020
- HEERF Student Report - Quarter 1 March 2021
- HEERF Student Report - Quarter 2 June 2021
- HEERF Student Report - Quarter 3 September 2021
- HEERF Student Report - Quarter 4 December 2021